Tuesday, January 4, 2011

just a note

I'm sitting listing to music for the duet that I'm choreographing for IDC, Patsy Cline's "She's Got You." We had auditions last night, and callbacks are tonight. The excitement is buzzing! Several new, beautiful dancers auditioned last night and all were beautiful.

I can't believe that a year ago today I was gearing up for my second concert in Chicago with Matter of Reaction Movement project. So much has happened since then. I wasn't sure if I was going to do a 2010 recap, but I here it is: 5 concerts with 5 different companies, a tour date in Michigan, 3 festivals, 4 new pieces of my choreography shown, the Gatorade/SYTYCD event, a job teaching about a third of the classes at a new studio, joined the artistic cooperative board of IDC, started teaching an after school dance program... I've met so many wonderful people, all who inspire me to keep going forward and try new things.

I'm hoping 2011 holds even half of the opportunities that 2010 had.


No comments:

Post a Comment