Monday, September 6, 2010

As usual, I don't have time for a full update. Just a little note.

Classes at Northside Dance Theater start tomorrow! I'm obviously excited. I spend most of my free time thinking about my classes. I have wanted to teach since I moved to Chicago, I just always envisioned teaching as part of my life here, and now it's finally happening. (If you didn't know--this is what I want to do with my life! So this new "job" is a pretty big deal to me.)
I'm teaching 12 classes: ballet and jazz for 6-8 years old and 8-11 years old, tap for 6-8 year olds, a couple of beginning modern classes for teens and adults, intermediate modern, beginning adult jazz and beginning adult tap. Come take class from me!

NSDT had its opening party on Friday, and we had a pretty large group celebrating with us. What made the party even better was that construction was done earlier that day to put up the dividing walls between the lobby and the small studio, plus a doorway between the two studios.

The space is gorgeous. Of course, it is empty right now, but the studios are large with nice wood floors (the large ballet studio will have a marley floor), huge front windows (which will be covered), water fountains, two bathrooms, two dressing room areas...it's wonderful.

Other than the new studio, I'm working on a couple of shows still. IDC is in the final stretch of rehearsals for October's "Gods, Monsters and Heroes." Only one more month before the show at Theater Wit! We have a run through in about a week, and I think everything is almost finished. We've been working on the show for over 6 months now, so it's exciting to see it all come together. Per IDC's usual, a little something for everyone: modern, jazz, waltz (!), tap, and great music.

Rehearsals start again with Dmitri Peskov after about a month off. More details as soon as I have them, but he mentioned that the show will be in June.

I'm positive that I will have a lot of news in about a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment