Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The best is yet to come

That's what the fortune inside my cookie said: "Don't give up. The best is yet to come."

I couldn't have thought of a more appropriate fortune. Even though I definitely haven't been thinking of giving up, I can sense that something great is coming.

Classes started at NorthSide Dance Theater (http://www.northsidedt.com/), and I think it's been a really nice beginning. Considering that the only real marketing has been the booth at the Glenwood Arts Festival a few weeks ago, I think we are doing well. A few of our students are our friends and family, but we also have a few that are neighborhood locals and live down the street from the studio. I'm excited to spend more time promoting the studio so that everyone can see what a fantastic program and space we have.

Sadly, I just learned today that the majority of my youth classes have been cancelled for this session. A new session starts in November, so hopefully we will have more interest then. All I can ask is that if you or someone you know is interested in taking dance classes at any level, please come check us out. Even for one class.

I can't really explain how awesome it feels to be teaching again. Developing curriculum, planning classes, creating new combinations, seeing my students work so hard... I also appreciate that I am being involved in the creation of a new business and can see as everything falls in place. We have mirrors now! Soon--ballet barres! And the marley floor for the ballet studio will be put down soon!

In addition to the excitement of classes, Innervation Dance Cooperative's show "Gods, Monsters and Heroes" is only two short weeks away! We have been working so hard, so long...I can't wait to perform it. Everything has fallen into place, and even though I am still relatively new to IDC, I think it's going to be their best show yet. Tickets are on sale through Theater Wit, and the show runs Oct. 6-10. Hope to see you there.

I guess this post is mainly to reach out for support on these exciting projects, but also know--there is definitely more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment