Monday, November 22, 2010

Checking off my list, managing time, remembering to breathe

Dance Chicago ended yesterday. I was lucky to be featured in five performances throughout the festival, including opening and closing night. I'm glad to check this festival off my list. No more rushed, last minute reworks. No more cramming into an office calling itself a dressing room with 40 other dancers, all trying to dress, warm up and rehearse on top of each other.

Today is my first day off in a long time, and I feel like I am just barely catching my breath before starting the next race. Even on my day off, I have already spent a couple of hours on IDC touring and outreach work, cleaned some of my apartment, watched about 45 minutes of "Gods, Monsters and Heroes" and am about to make dinner before heading off to company class. I have forgotten how to relax.

I feel like everything is falling into place. Looks like my teaching schedule will possibly change in 2011 which will make me available for all of my currently scheduled rehearsals. New projects are going to be in the works soon.

My stresses and complaints are still the same from the past few weeks, but they are slowly becoming less stressful. I guess learning how to manage my schedule is how I relax.

Look for updates soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment