Friday, April 30, 2010

Reflection on Rejection

So, you may remember that I had two auditions last week that I was pretty excited about. I'll keep this brief because there is really no need to elaborate--I was cut from both auditions a bit sooner than I had anticipated. At first I just didn't understand. I didn't really expect to become a company member with either group, but I was hoping to walk away with a work-study or apprenticeship. Nope. Nothing.

I felt bad about myself for about half a day, but I am surprising myself with my resilience. I'm ready to get back to work, get into more classes and completely devote myself. For the last couple of months I have been dancing almost every day, about 15 or 20 hours a week, and I know that I have to keep that up and see where it takes me.

I keep reminding myself of how awesome this year has been to me so far, and it looks like by the end of the year I will have performed in at least 5 concerts with 5 different groups and will have my choreography on stage!

Not too bad.

1 comment:

  1. Always look on the bright side of life!

    ReplyDelete