Tuesday, March 8, 2011

It's been a little while, and I've been rather busy.
The big news is that my husband and I just moved to a new apartment. We're a bit north of our old place, but the location is excellent. We're still extremely close to reliable public transportation, near shops and restaurants, and I'm much closer to the studio now.
The move was financially essential. Now that I am making nearly half what I made last year, we had to cut expenses somewhere. Easiest solution was to find a cheaper apartment. So now we are living in a beautiful two bedroom apartment above close friends, and we have a roommate (an actor) to split the costs.
I would love to say it has been a smooth transition, but it's been difficult for me to adjust to certain aspects of the move. I always get territorial in a new spaces, and I have been more defensive that usual about my design and organization ideas. I don't think it has helped that all three of us are extremely busy with work and rehearsals and performances and don't have a ton of time to devote to unpacking the new apartment.
Slowly, things are falling into place. And hopefully soon I will turn back into the relaxed, respectful, easygoing Stephanie that I want to be.

But dance is not slowing down at all. I am in a performance this week (IDC is the guest company for Columbia College's Dance/Movement Therapy Alumni Concert), have teaser performances in upcoming fundraisers for IDC and GIA, then my piece for Renegade was accepted into Chicago Fringe Artists Networking Night, and then it's the GIA show...and then a few weeks later is the IDC show!

So many exciting and new things in my life. I hope you will follow along as I come across new adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment